Thursday, March 03, 2005

A "sexist"?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When I was is grade school, most of the boys were fond of teasing me. I didn't know their reasons, I was not a class clown, buffon, or even just a low profile lass that sits in a corner and have no friends at all! Man, I just hate it when they do stuffs. And when I got to my sixth grade, I started hating them, boys specifically. After I graduated from grade school, I still hated them that's why I opted to enroll in an exclusive school for girls (that's how I hated them!). Haha! I just realized that was so lame to escape from them. I wasn't really escaping from them, I just didn't wanna see their faces again. It was not until my third year in high school that I've come to realize I was missing something in my high school life. It was not really all to boys, males, or men, but I realized I am spending my high school life not in a "normal" or "unsual" way. At that point I started reminiscing some memories with my guy friends in grade school. What was it like to have a male classmate or a male playmate. And I started to notice that women are usually loud, noisy, chit chats here and there, spreading rumors in a split second. And for that, my alter ego told me "aren't you annoyed with them? They just can't stop opening their mouth for just a second!", and from that time on I got fed up with girls (sighs). Then my first day in college came and told myself "this time I gonna have an all male circle of friends. I was so determined to do it in the way I wanted, and during my first class I sat at the back (where males were usually seated) with males both on my sides. I made friends with them and in time I was one of them. Most of my female classmates were talking at my back (envious maybe) because I didn't want to go with them, not even mingling with them. I enjoyed being in a guys' circle then, I liked it because most of the time men don't put on some faces. They are transparent. I
t went that way until the semester almost ended, I was talking to one of my female classmate and she introduced me to the girls in my block. From that time on, I managed to weigh things out. Now, I have males and female friends. True friends, if I may add :)

No comments: